8.9 Acres of Commercial-Ready Land, in a High-Traffic Community
In the center of an up-and-coming Altoona community lies 8.9 acres of available land, ripe for commercial development.
The 2 parcels which make up the property are located across the street (1st Ave S) from one another, both sitting off Edwin W. Skinner Pkwy. They’re separated only by a new Casey’s location, which will be beneficial in driving traffic to the area. Plus, they’re in a spot that both business owners and customers will appreciate.
The 1st Ave S & Edwin W. Skinner Pkwy property features close proximity to new residential developments, parks and schools, and other prominent locations like Spring Creek Sports Complex.
Major transportation routes and popular entertainment destinations are just a short drive away, too. The property is only about 5 miles from I-80 and U.S. Route 65 (as well as Altoona’s Prairie Crossing area), and it’s only 20 minutes from downtown Des Moines.
Two Parcels, on Either Side of 1st Ave S
- Ironwood South: 1.14 acres
- Corner of 1st Ave S & Edwin W. Skinner Pkwy: 7.77 acres
Important Area Demographics
|Within 10 Miles||Within 20 Miles||Within 30 Miles|
- 9 acres of commercial development-ready land
- 2 parcels, located across the street from each other (1st Ave S)
- High-traffic area, right next to a new Casey’s
- Convenient location for both customers and business owners
- Close proximity to residential developments, parks & schools, and entertainment areas like Spring Creek Sports Complex
- 5 miles away from major interstates/highways
- 10 minutes away from Altoona’s Prairie Crossing area
- 20 minutes away from downtown Des Moines
Interested in this property? Contact Chad Quick, Economic Development Director for the City of Altoona, to learn more.
Economic Development Director
City of Altoona