Tons of Mixed-Use Land & Retail Space, in a Booming Des Moines Entertainment Hot Spot
An abundance of exciting development opportunities can be found at Altoona’s Prairie Crossing area, the Des Moines metro’s newest entertainment hot spot! Here’s what’s up for grabs: 120 acres of mixed-use development space and roughly 400,000 square feet of premier retail space.
Big entertainment and hospitality names like the Outlets of Des Moines, Burger Shed, Hyatt Place, and many others have already made Prairie Crossing their home. It’s not hard to see why, either—the Altoona area draws over 4 million visitors per year!
Prairie Crossing’s location is almost impossible to beat, too. It sits comfortably between I-80 and U.S. Route 65, and it’s less than 5 miles from I-35. Plus, other popular destinations like Bass Pro Shops, Adventureland Resort, and Prairie Meadows are just down the road.
Important Area Demographics
|Within 10 Miles||Within 20 Miles||Within 30 Miles|
Meet Your New Neighbors
RESTAURANTS & BARS
Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse
Uncle Buck’s Fish Bowl & Grill
Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Hy-Vee Fast & Fresh
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Altoona Inn
SHOPPING & LIFESTYLE
Outlets of Des Moines
OFFICE & RETAIL
Rio Nail Bar
- 120 acres of mixed-use development space
- 400,000 square feet of premier retail space
- Des Moines area’s newest entertainment hot spot
- In a city that draws 4+ million visitors per year
- Impressive area demographics
- Already home to popular dining, retail, and hospitality locations
- Located between I-80 and U.S. Route 65, less than 5 miles from I-35
- Only 20 minutes from downtown Des Moines
- Down the street from other popular destinations like Adventureland Resort
- Part of a growing, business-friendly community
Interested in this property? Contact Chad Quick, Economic Development Director for the City of Altoona, to learn more.
Economic Development Director
City of Altoona